Gravity Road is a creative company bringing together marketing, entertainment, and technology to create things people want to spend time with – ideas that audiences will love and be entertained by. We recently joined the world’s first Brandtech group, You & Mr Jones, which means we are working with partners developing best technology across the globe.
We are looking for a commercially minded gamer, a strategic thinker who understands the gaming landscape and the emerging trends and can help others understand it too. You will be working on global brands such as Niantic and Mastercard and the focus of your role will be to make things happen on these and other key accounts.
Reporting to co-founder, Mark Boyd, in the US and the Gravity Road Management Team in the UK, you will be creatively driven, entrepreneurial and respected. You will set the creative agenda, understand your client’s commercial challenges and build a cultural ambition for the work against this agenda. As a trusted influencer, you will develop a cross-disciplinary team that people want to be part of.
The role will include the following:
- Create a center of excellence on Gaming and Esports culture
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the Gaming and Esports landscape, key players and trends
- Deliver the 2021 US Business Plan through a focus on Gaming and Esports.
- Co-author our 2021 Gaming Strategy
- Build and roll out a marketing plan for Gaming
- Build and lead new business initiatives around Gaming
- Set up and organize the ongoing management of key client relationships
- Recruit and develop the smartest hybrid talent in this space
- Protect and grow the internal culture of the agency around gaming
Essential skills and experience
- 10+ years of experience in marketing (at least 4 recently in the gaming industry)
- Experience managing, and delivering an exceptional service, on international accounts
- Experience managing multi-layer, complex business relationships
- Proven and consistent track record of executing against a changing strategy
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower a diverse group of internal cross-functional teams to achieve objectives across multiple markets
- Emotional intelligence to navigate complex client relationships and matrixed organizations
- Ability to convert business across multiple media channels
- Result and detail orientated, with strong strategic thinking abilities
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Excels at building long term trusted relationships with key clients and agency partners
- Able to translate business objectives into campaign strategy
- Willingness to travel regularly
Gravity Road offers an excellent working environment and has a commitment to training and developing its employees. This role has excellent progression opportunities for a hard-working and ambitious candidate. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply for the role
Please upload your CV and include a cover letter typed into the form below. We would recommend writing your cover letter in a separate document and pasting them into the form. There’s nothing more frustrating than a technical error losing all your hard work 😣
Closing date for applications is Sunday 28th February 2021